Wątki bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne wątki Teraz jest 13 lis 2019, o 01:43

Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 1 ] 
PHOENIX -- When Karrie Webb was asked about the all the goo 
Autor Wiadomość

Post PHOENIX -- When Karrie Webb was asked about the all the goo
PHOENIX -- When Karrie Webb was asked about the all the good young players on the LPGA Tour, the questioner noted that Lydia Ko was 16 and Jessica Korda 21. Rob Gronkowski Youth Jersey . "Im not even that added up," the 39-year-old Australian replied. And to the Hall of Famers surprise, when all the math was done Sunday in the JTBC Founders Cup, she was the one posing for pictures with the big trophy. "I didnt expect to be sitting here at the start of the day," Webb said. "Even, actually, when I finished the day, I didnt expect to be sitting here. So I feel a little bit lucky, I guess, to be sitting here. But it doesnt make it feel any less special." She took the lead with a course-record 9-under 63, then waited 90 minutes to see if anyone could catch her. No one did. "I thought best-case scenario I was in a playoff," Webb said. Webb is close friends with founding player Louise Suggs and has a deep appreciation for the 13 women who started the LPGA Tour in 1950. "Its a very special event," Webb said. For the second time in the event, Webb overcame a six-stroke deficit in the final round. In 2011 in the inaugural tournament, she finished with a 66 for a one-stroke victory. "I just love the feeling of this event," Webb said. Webb donated $50,000 of her $225,000 check, giving $25,000 each to LPGA-USGA Girls Golf and "The Founders" documentary movie. She did an interview for the film this week and learned that only about 10 per cent of the necessary money had been raised to complete the project. "I was just standing on the 18th green when Mike (Whan, LPGA Tour commissioner) was introducing me, and it just came to me that, You know, I would love to be a part of that movie being produced." Webb talked Friday night with the 90-year-old Suggs, a fixture at the tournament the last three years but unable to make it this year. "She told me that I had to go out and shoot 64 yesterday, which I let her down and I didnt do that," Webb said. "So, I made it up to her today." She certainly did. Webb had 10 birdies and a bogey, playing the back nine in 6-under 30. She birdied five of the last six holes, making a birdie with a 20-footer on the par-4 18th to finish at 19-under 269. "I definitely putted probably the best I have all week," Webb said. "Worked on a few things last night and really got the ball rolling on the back nine." Webb also rallied to win the Womens Australian Open last month and has 41 LPGA Tour victories to match founding player Babe Zaharias for 10th place. Ko, the third-round leader, parred the final three holes to finish a stroke back along with 2013 winner Stacy Lewis, Azahara Munoz, Amy Yang and Mirim Lee. The 16-year-old Ko shot 70. She had a three-stroke lead after birdieing Nos. 2-5, slipped back with bogeys on Nos. 6, 9 and 11 and pulled within one with a birdie on the par-5 15th. "I tried to get myself together," Ko said. "I made some bogeys at the wrong time, which wasnt ideal, but I tried my best until the last." Munoz and Yang, playing together in the third-to-last group, missed long birdie putts on 18 and each shot 67. Lee shot 69 in the next group, also missing a long birdie try. That left Ko -- and her 25-foot try on the last was just short and right. "I played really well overall, so Im just going to take the positive out of it," Ko said. Lewis birdied the final two holes for a 66. "It was just really nice to hit the shots and make the putts at the end," Lewis said. "Seeing putts go in always helps going into the next couple of weeks." DIVOTS: Korda, playing with Ko in the last group, had a quadruple-bogey 8 on the par-4 seventh after hitting her approach into the desert, then played the final 11 holes in 5 under to tie for seventh at 17 under. The Bahamas winner shot 70. ... Hee-Won Han also matched the course record with a 63 to tie for 15th at 14 under. Playing in the ninth group of the day, she holed a sand wedge for eagle on No. 7. Ai Miyazato set the course record last year and Cristie Kerr matched it Saturday. Kerr finished with a 67 to tie for 10th at 16 under. ... Top-ranked Inbee Park closed with a 67 to tie for 10th. John Hannah Womens Jersey . On Wednesday, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hit back. In a passionate defence of himself and the London clubs medical staff, the Portuguese coach rebuked the "incompetent people" who have attacked Tottenham for allowing Lloris to continue playing after being briefly knocked unconscious against Everton on Sunday. Rob Gronkowski Womens Jersey . -- Manager Bob Melvin shuffled the Athletics batting order and got the type of production he was looking for from the top of the lineup. https://www.patriotssportsgoods.com/Womens-Andre-Tippett-Inverted-Jersey/ . At this point, even he isnt sure when it is going to stop. The right-hander dropped his fourth straight decision in Los Angeles 6-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday night, leaving his status very much in doubt as the Dodgers prepare for the stretch drive.Hattiesburg, MS (SportsNetwork.com) - Calling the penalty painful but necessary, Southern Mississippi said Tuesday it will keep its mens basketball team out of the postseason this year over an investigation into the program that is being conducted by the university and the NCAA. The self-imposed postseason ban means the Golden Eagles will not be permitted to participate in the Conference USA championship or any other postseason tournament. The Eagles are 5-11 this season and have lost their first five conference games. The school said in November it was working with the NCAA to investigate issues surrounding to the program. Those issues, the school said Tuesday, are related to the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons, when Donnie Tyndall was head coach. According to ESPN.com, players refused to practice after athletic director Bill McGillis informed the team and its coaching staff of the ban Tuesday afternoon. I am saddened and extremely disappointed for the members of our mens basketball team, who will not be able too participate in the postseason this year, as well as for our new coaching staff and fans, McGillis said in a statement. Sony Michel Jersey. This self-imposed penalty was a painful, but necessary, decision based on information gathered during the review process and available to the university at this time. Tyndall coached the Golden Eagles for just two seasons, leading them to a pair of NIT appearances before leaving in April to replace Cuonzo Martin as head coach at Tennessee. Southern Miss was 56-17 under Tyndall, winning a school-record 29 games and earning a share of the regular-season Conference USA championship last season. He was the head coach at Morehead State from 2006-12 -- a stint that included a two-year probation handed down by the NCAA for recruiting violations related to booster activity. The program was also stripped one scholarship amid other penalties. Tennessee said in November that it was aware of the review at Southern Miss and that no issues were raised when it was vetting Tyndall to be head coach. ' ' '

25 paź 2019, o 07:09
Zobacz profil Wyślij e-mail
Odpowiedz w wątku   [ Posty: 1 ]